Sunday 13 January 2008

Stornoway














I've started writing my book at long last - on another blog which I'll give details about to anyone interested in reading it. It's based in Stornoway, where I originally come from.

A couple of years ago, I was sitting in the gym in Runcorn on a cold, damp winter evening, talking about going back to live in Stornoway. "What do you want to go there for? It always rains and there's nothing to do..."

The pictures I've posted here are a couple of years old now. They were taken in late November 2005. Not bad for a windswept rock in the middle of nowhere, eh?

Mind you, who'd want to live there when they could live in Runcorn?

2 comments:

hansdenmark said...

Hi old friend.
Dreaming is good for the minds.
I will say the pictures will allow
you to have dreams.
Rainy rocks, no, beautifull pick,s
with some sunny days.Yes
Stay proud of where you come from.
The Danish friend
Hans

Martin said...

Thanks Hans! Hope to see you in Bratislava.