Wednesday 9 April 2008

Raani At 9 Months









My little baby Raani is 9 months old today. Hard to believe time passes so quickly. She's a big girl, but still a floppy puppy. Here's a few pictures taken today.

I had an unfortunate incident near the end of today's walk. We were on a country path. A guy with a staffie was coming towards us. All dogs were off leads. Mine run up to say hello, as they do. The staffie snaps and runs off, with the two pups in tow. The bloke says that she's not even his dog, he's walking his girlfriend's dog.

To cut a long story short, mine come back when called, his doesn't. It runs across a main road and survives. He gets the dog back and we meet again after I cross the road on my way home. I say I'm glad the dog is ok and all is well. He reckoned my dogs should have been on a lead. On a country path, I say? They're dangerous dogs and they snapped at my dog and attacked it, he reckons. No, they ran up to say hello, your dog snapped and ran off, they followed. Mine came back when called, your's didn't, or words to that effect. If you're walking someone else's dog and you don't know that it'll come back, perhhaps it's you who should have your dog on a lead?

"They're dangerous dogs. I'm an off duty police officer and if I say they're dangerous, they're dangerous."

"Nonsense, you can see how placid they are."

"They're dangerous. They attacked my dog."

"Rubbish, stop being such a prat."

"Don't call me a prat on a public street."

"Stand on the pavement then."

"You'll be geting a visit."

Charming.

"Do you even know what breed they are?"

"Alsatians, aren't they?"

I'll be expecting a visit. Or to be pulled over in the car. Except that I stick to speed limits, my car is taxed, insured and MOT'd, all the lights work, the tyres have plenty of tread, and I'm virtually teetotal. In which case the officer can expect a letter to the Chief Constable.

Maybe I should just have ignored him instead of approaching him and expressing how glad I was that the dog was ok. Lesson learned.

No comments: