Sunday 11 November 2007

Introducing My Dogs - Jess





Jess was my daughter's dog, and came from the RSPCA the same day I got Jasmin. Some people overlook her because she's less than half the size of the others, but she's an extremely friendly little dog that I took in when my daughter moved to a flat where dogs weren't allowed. Known by all the kids as "Licky, licky little Jess"!

A few months after she got her, Jess disappeared. I went round to visit my daughter and heard this faint whimpering bark, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I eventually spotted her on the roof of the Bridge Inn pub! She'd got up via the flat roof of the garage next door and hadn't been able to make her way down again. I fetched a ladder, coaxed her down to the guttering, managed to grab her by the scruff of the neck, and get her down.

She'd been up there for 5 days. I'd driven all round Frodsham, all round the marshes, been all along the Weaver looking for her - and she was 50 yards from the front door all the time! The memory of my daughter's face as I walked past the window holding Jess in my arms will always remain with me. One of those things that a Mastercard commercial might describe as priceless!

No comments: