Wednesday 21 November 2007

Life Goes On...

It's been four days now since I lost Tasha, and although she'll never be forgotten it's time to move on with the blog and address other issues. This was never intended to be a memorial site, but I think it's fitting that I used it as I did over the last couple of weeks.

I must first thank everyone who got in touch to express their sympathies about my loss. All the emails, calls and comments on here have been very much appreciated.

It would also be remiss of me not to mention Alice Taylor, the vet at Ashcroft Surgery who drew the short straw of dealing with a fifteen and a half stone blubberer on Saturday morning and did what she had to do with great tact and sensitivity. I was in no state to express my appreciation at the time, but I have now sent her a card and would also like to record my thanks here.

As a lasting tribute to Tasha, I plan to sponsor a child through Action Aid. It's only 50p a day - less than I spent on her dog food - and hopefully it will have a positive inpact on a child's life somewhere far away where such help is so desperately needed.

I picked up Tasha's ashes today and shed a few more tears on the drive home. Hopefully, they will be among the last. It's time to move on.

In future blogs, I'll write about my experiences in Germany in September at the IPF World Masters Bench Press; about how it felt to break a world record in July; about my night in the cells just over a year ago; and many other thing as well, including monthly updates, with pictures, as my two puppies mature into adults.

1 comment:

Sanderman said...

I have heard about your night doing porridge but look forward to reading about it too.